No such thing as a bad meeting

I went to a meeting tonight where there wasn't much programme and there wasn't much hope. My friend and I both shared what had worked for us and the fact that we have been given a solution in AA to every problem we have ever had.

A newcomer, still reeking of alcohol, made a beeline to us after the meeting. He said we'd given him hope. It was like watching something drawn by a magnet. We've taken his number and we'll be trying to take him to a few more meetings.

I cannot go to a bad meeting, because, if I go, I can carry a solution, so there is always a solution in the room in every meeting I go to.

I cannot go to a bad meeting, because, if others are there, there will be SOMEONE in need.

God does the match-making.

All we have to do is show up and be matched.